Oculus (2013) by Mike Flanagan: Hands down one of the best horror movies I've seen in the past years, the storyline develops in two different and parallel times, the actors engage you to the tricks and effects, and the use of flashbacks is impeccable.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2388715/
The Black Cat (1981) by Lucio Fulci: We have this medium man whom can communicate not only to the dead but also with evil spirits and one of those take power of a cat that goes around killing people. Just fucking awesome trained cats doing cool horror cat things.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080440/
The Black Cauldron (1985) by Ted Berman: The important thing to say about this movie is that is one of the first PG rated Disney movies ever, and is not that I share that rating and shit point of view but I can see where Disney needed to tell parents to watch it with kids, the film has a lot of dark moments and harsh messages to the viewers. Even with that is beautiful and the world created for this story is unbelievable gorgeous.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088814/
In the Mouth of Madness (1994) by again The Awesome John Carpenter: I can say nothing bad about this horror movie, the art, the light, the acting, the dialog, the plot, the technical aspects of it, the storyline in general is fucking well done and exceed every expectation you had at the first glimpse, you get super involved with everyone in the movie and with everything that's going on. Great for an October popcorn and dark afternoon.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113409/
Trance (2013) by Danny Boyle: Ima say that this movie is really mindfucking, the plot thickens as we get to know the psique of our main characters, we have Rosario Dawson as this sort of "inception" female that makes her ways around hypnotherapy, and a crime unfolds as we get to know about an art auctioneer who wants his lost painting back. I know Im pretty vague on this, but you have to see it at least twice to really get the details and the visual and dialog jewels Boyle delivered.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1924429/
L'Écume des jours / Mood Indigo (2013) by The Lovely Michael Gondry: I love Gondry movies, Im a big fan of his imaginary and the way he tries to explain life and death in an audiovisual way, he gets freaky, weird and tender all at the same time, and I love him for it. Even when he's one of my favorite directors this movie didn't quite catch my attention, I guess doing an adaptation of a Boris Vian novel has to be super hard, and well even Gondry has its flaws and his eccentricity and precious worldmaking brain didn't get it right this time, besides that the art and the color palette is gorgeous.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2027140/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt
Blue Jasmine (2013) by Woody Allen: I don'r know how to say this in a coherent way, but the closest I get to explain my point of view on this film is that I felt awkward with it and not in a good way is just a good technical movie but the plot is really overrated and cliché. I couldn't see the good and jew Woody Allen humor. Is another rare movie where you have great actors (Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Peter Sarsgaard) with a common plot that does not make justice to their appearance.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334873/
Batman Begins (2005) by Christopher mindfucking Nolan: The whole Nolan Batman movies is pure love. Nothing else to say.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/
Tourist Trap (1979) by David Schomoeller: You will get to know the real meaning of a tourist trap, cuz (and I say this with honesty) I did not knew what a fuck that was all about and how that manage to accomplish a good horror movie. Just watch it, I have no regrets.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080040/
The Messengers (2007) by Ocide pang Chun: Is just an ok drama/horror movie with a strong family message throwing a little blood and Hitchcock plagiarism with the non-gestured Kristen Stewart doing the same licking the lips and creepy eyes the entire movie. I do not recommend this movie at all.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425430/
El Rey del Barrio (1950) por Gilberto Martínez Solares: Simply great Germán Valdés cinema.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042888/
El Cantante (2006) by Leon Ichaso: This is a movie that kind of portraits some of the life that Hector Lavoe had in his musical adventure with salsa and his friends like famed Willie Colon, I mean is not a bad movie all around, but I can say that just because I don't know and I haven't seen another "salsa related" movie to compare or to analyze, and well I'm no fan of Marc Anthony nor J-Lo either, so is just an ok movie. But you can live without it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458522/
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario